Welcome to Hema Imaging
Our crowdfunding launch for the HemaVision is now live!
Did you know that thermal imaging can help you can solve common problems in your home or building before they become costly problems?
Thermal imaging is a great way to locate problems such as water damage, electrical malfunctions and energy leaks. Professionals use thermal imaging to solve problems in buildings, engines, electronics, factory equipment and more. A major reason thermal imaging isn’t widely used by all of us is that imagers are expensive – typically several thousand dollars – and difficult to interpret the results.
Our solution is the HemaVision, a re-configurable heat mapping device that has a thermal image sensor paired with a camera and an LCD screen that displays what you are looking at, augmented with the thermal image and image processing analysis information in real-time. The built-in computer vision and processing scripts provide easy-to-use applications suited to your needs and can be modified easily. The HemaVision is the next generation in affordable thermal imaging and allows homeowners to predict problem areas in their homes, offices and other buildings by exposing unexpected temperatures.
What is thermal imaging?
Thermal imaging is used to show maps of heat and cold in the area around you. By mapping unexpected temperatures, you can reveal:
- Sealing losses;
- Insulation weaknesses and ductwork leakage;
- Energy loss in each room;
- Water leakage and;
- Electrical service equipment issues.
With HemaVision, everyone has access to an affordable standalone thermal imaging device that will help prevent safety issues within a home or office and increase efficiency.
This product is in development and funds are being raised now through Kickstarter!
- 82×62 thermal diode array, one-time factory calibrated
- 40×31.5° thermal imaging field of view (side-to-side, top-to-bottom)
- Stable image – no nonuniformity correction (Note: other imagers need a shutter, ours does NOT!)
- Frame rate up to the ITAR-TASS regulations limit of 9 frames per second
- WiFi connectivity to smartphone or WiFi network
- Pixel temperature accuracy +/- 2°C
- Thermal measurement range: -4°F to 450°F
- Easily updated and modified python script-based computer vision platform
- Computer vision/image processing is user-reconfigurable
- Device is physically user-reconfigurable: snap apart, attach to mounts, tripod, grip, etc
- Open source software and hardware
- Quickly identify problem spots with several available applications
- You don’t have to be a programmer to easily modify application scripts
- Connect to smartphone or computer to enable additional features, such as object recognition and remote operation
- Store thermal images with various colormaps or transparent overlay on camera images
- Store video stream of either thermal or transparent overlay on camera video
- Reconfigurable computer vision platform includes multiple algorithms to select from